Did you know that the majority of ‘big business’ (the likes of FaceBook, ANZ and Optus) currently use an ‘Employment Outsourcing’ model to engage a PEO to effectively manage their workforces and dramatically reduce unnecessary overheads.
Employment Outsourcing is a relatively new term in the Australian market. Traditionally due to our very complex workplace and industrial relations laws, our Human Resources management, Payroll and Occupational Safety and Health functions are kept ‘in-house’. Reasons for this vary but many business owners and key management find that they can have a hands on approach to these tasks and ensure employee satisfaction is maintained and controlled. Generally, key businesses spend valuable time and money on the back office functions surrounding the employment of staff instead of focusing on their core business.
Employment based services such as Payroll, HR and other related tasks have recently moved further into a specialised and professional realm due to the consequences associated with non-compliancy. Fair Work/ATO based rulings are requiring businesses to have high level and accurate processes in place to minimise risks and potential fines incurred for infringements. Due to recent advances in technology, and streamlining of legislation, employers can now outsource these functions to third party providers (known as Professional Employer Organisations / PEOs) with ease and confidence, whilst still maintaining control over their workforce.
Why not join the ‘big boys’ and obtain the same benefits they enjoy… Begin using their proven model for your organisation today. Contact Archer now.
Professional Employer Organisation (PEO)
Under a co-employment arrangement, Archer acting as a PEO can provide:
- Award interpretation, salary packaging
- Accurate payroll processing and report generation (payslips, summaries, department reports etc.)
- Timely payments and banking
- Monthly and yearly reporting including End of Financial Year Processing. (ATO payment summaries etc.)
The latest workforce management technology (Cloud Based)
- Rostering, timesheet (clock in-out) and communication tools.
- Employee self service (ESS) for leave management etc.
- Online HR tools, procedures, checklists, reports and documents.
- New employee management including letter of offer/contract build, WHS and induction communication
- Ongoing employee management such as probation/performance/training reviews.
- Exiting employee management like warning / termination letters etc.
- Professional human resources handbook defining worksite policies and procedures.
- Access to current information on labour regulations and workers’ rights.
- Professional assistance with employment-related problems
Statutory protection for employees
- Workers Compensation
- Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability Insurance
How It Works
Benefits – PEO
Businesses across Australia have discovered the incredible value of Archer Solutions PEO services because:
- We reduce your risk by providing worksite employees coverage under the entire spectrum of employment laws and regulations as governed by Fair Work Australia and the Australian Tax Office.
- We reduce your liability by taking on the legal risk of employment related legal issues.
- We ensure compliance by helping businesses navigate through ever changing federal, state and local regulations.
- We improve your productivity by allowing you to focus on running your core business (providing service / generating sales) not managing your workforce and being a HR and payroll specialist.
- We give you access to experts that can provide you with a wealth of human resource knowledge on matters like workers’ compensation, risk and compliance, human resource management, payroll interpretations and calculations. We are the industry leaders.
- We increase profitability. Businesses that use Archer as their PEO have reported significant cost savings on insurance and other types of coverage.
- We offer complete end-to-end solutions or are able to tailor our service offering to your requirements.
- We always deliver what we promise.
- We are 100% Australian owned and operated company, with all our business functions and process completed within Australia. You will have access to real ‘Australian-based’ industry experts whenever you require assistance.
FAQs – PEO
What is a PEO?
Professional Employer Organisations (PEOs) enable clients to cost-effectively outsource the management of human resources, employee benefits, payroll and workers’ compensation.
Why would a business use Archer as their PEO provider?
Business owners want to focus their time and energy on the “business of their business” and not the “business of employment”. As business grows, most owners do not have the necessary human resource training, payroll and accounting skills, the knowledge of regulatory compliance, or the background in risk management and insurance to meet the demands of being an employer. Archer Solutions (PEO) gives access to many benefits and employment amenities employers would not have otherwise.
What type of businesses would engage with Archer in a PEO arrangement?
Many types of businesses can benefit from a PEO relationship, with companies coming from a range of industries such as accounting firms and high tech companies to manufacturers and government agencies.
When working with Archer in a PEO arrangement does the business owner lose control of their business?
Absolutely not! The client retains ownership of the company and manages the day-to-day core business activities.
What is the difference between temporary staffing service and a PEO arrangement?
A temporary staffing service (or agency) provides workers for its clients to meet temporary or longer-term staffing needs. Archer provides employment services to help its clients with their existing workers and future hires without risk of them being ‘hired out’ to another client. We are different from a Labour Hire Company!
How does Archer help their clients control costs and grow their bottom line?
Archer Solutions economy of scale enables each client company to lower employment costs and increase the business’s bottom line. The client can maintain a simple in-house HR infrastructure or none at all by relying on the professional experience offered under the Archer (PEO) model.
How do employees benefit from the Archer (PEO) arrangement?
When a company engages Archer to be their PEO, employees job satisfaction and productivity increases as employees are provided with professional human resource services such as training and inductions, employee manuals, safety services and improved communications.